"Sion in the Rain" Top 5 Page for this destination Sion by Kathrin_E

Sion Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 429 photos

Sion's most striking feature is its skyline with the two castles on steep rocks that overlook the city, Tourbillon and Valère. The old town at their feet has winding alleys and many picturesque angles.

Climbing the two castles is a must for anyone with sufficient walking abilities, so have a good breakfast in the morning of your visit. Valère, the one with the church, has the more impressive buildings while the ruins on the higher rock of Tourbillon offer the wider landscape views.

Unfortunately I was not too lucky weather-wise. Without the pouring rain the visit would have been more pleasant.

• Last visit to Sion: Jun 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2012

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM

You need to come back on a sunny day, I will be pleased to be your guide as you were for me during our Euromeet in Karlsruhe. Rain is quite unusual during summer... but local vineyards need to be water sometimes ;-) Thanks Kathrin for your great reviews.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Kathrin, lovely little page about Sion, which we once visited for a couple of nights. I must admit that we had muich better weather than you and therefore really enjoyed our time in the town. We also met a famous Swiss VT member there.

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Oh, what a shame the weather was so lousy. Looks like a very interesting town. The two hills look intriguing for a hiker :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I see it's a great destination in Switzerland....

Kathrin_E

“Life is too short to drink bad wine.”

Badges & Stats in Sion