"Marburg - My Home For 11 Years" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn by Kathrin_E
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 889 photos
The university town of Marburg is one of Germany's old town gems, although hardly known among visitors from overseas. The old town is at least as pretty as Rothenburg or Heidelberg, but without the crowds. I really wonder why this place is so little known. On the other hand, maybe I should keep quiet and be glad its charme is not yet ruined by mass tourism?
In 1988 I moved to Marburg to start my studies of art history. I had no idea I would stay, with a short interruption, until 2002. All in all I lived in this town for 11 years, a long and important chapter of m life. I loved it and still love it. Nevertheless it felt strange when I returned for a couple of days recently. It just isn't home any more...
Meeting one's past is an adventure. Those streets are so full of memories.
High water levels occur every now and then, mostly during the winter half of the year. These are not really a danger to... more travel advice
The narrow lane at the upper end of the market square is now named "Schloßsteig" but this used to be the street where... more travel advice
- See All St Jost Chapel
- See All In a University Town the Dogs Can...
- See All Train Station and Train Connections
- See All Brothers Grimm and their Fairy Tales
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Marburg - a very charming very romantic town :)"
- "Marburg - My Home For 11 Years"
- "Medieval Germany and Modern College Town"
- "More Stairs than Venice Has Canals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Marburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Marburg an der Lahn
- Nightlife in Marburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Marburg an der Lahn
- Shopping in Marburg an der Lahn
- Warnings and Dangers in Marburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marburg an der Lahn
- 79 Reviews
- 303 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marburg an der Lahn
Photos in Marburg an der LahnSee All Photos (303)
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues