"Marburg - My Home For 11 Years" Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn by Kathrin_E
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide: 210 reviews and 853 photos
The university town of Marburg is one of Germany's old town gems, although hardly known among visitors from overseas. The old town is at least as pretty as Rothenburg or Heidelberg, but without the crowds. I really wonder why this place is so little known. On the other hand, maybe I should keep quiet and be glad its charme is not yet ruined by mass tourism?
In 1988 I moved to Marburg to start my studies of art history. I had no idea I would stay, with a short interruption, until 2002. All in all I lived in this town for 11 years, a long and important chapter of m life. I loved it and still love it. Nevertheless it felt strange when I returned for a couple of days recently. It just isn't home any more...
Meeting one's past is an adventure. Those streets are so full of memories.
Rudolphsplatz is the busiest traffic hub in town. Here is where the traffic from the other side of the Lahn meets the... more travel advice
The shop is located in a 19th century half-timbered house, for those who love a romantic ambience. "Marburger Dippche":... more travel advice
- See All St Jost Chapel
- See All In a University Town the Dogs Can...
- See All Train Station and Train Connections
- See All Brothers Grimm and their Fairy Tales
- Pack Comfortable Shoes, and Enough Photo...
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Marburg an der Lahn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Marburg - the most lovely town in Germany :-)"
- "Marburg - My Home For 11 Years"
- "Medieval Germany and Modern College Town"
- "More Stairs than Venice Has Canals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marburg an der Lahn
- Hotels in Marburg an der Lahn
- Transportation in Marburg an der Lahn
- Nightlife in Marburg an der Lahn
- Restaurants in Marburg an der Lahn
- Shopping in Marburg an der Lahn
- Warnings and Dangers in Marburg an der Lahn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marburg an der Lahn
- 78 Reviews
- 294 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Marburg an der Lahn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marburg an der Lahn
Photos in Marburg an der LahnSee All Photos (294)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues