"Psczcyna - Euromeet 2010 Excursion" Top 5 Page for this destination Pszczyna by Kathrin_E
Pszczyna Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 445 photos
Euromeet Saturday saw a full-day excursion with Psczcyna as the main destination. Psczcyna is a small town located in Upper Silesia about one hour and a half West of Krakow, not far from Oswiecim/Auschwitz.
The palace, which was built on the foundations of a medieval castle, used to be the seat of the Princes of Pless. It is surrounded by a large English landscape garden. Further attractions are the open-air museum village and the bison centreThe busload of VTers invaded the castle first. We were rewarded with a little concert of baroque music in the mirror hall. Then we had time to explore the interior of the palace on our own - a special treat, usually you have to go with a guided tour. Then some tough decisions were to be made: have lunch or not, see the museum village, or the bison centre, or stay in the main square where a folk dance festival was going on... Doing them all was impossible because we had to be back on the bus to continue our tour to Wadowice and Kalwaria Zebrzydowska.
I had not planned to spend my limited time sitting down and having lunch but when I spotted other VTers on the terrace... more travel advice
Mary Theresa Olivia Cornwallis-West, born in 1873 to an aristocratic English family, was renowned for her extraordinary... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Pszczyna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pszczyna -- Pearl of Upper Silesia"
- "My first meal in Poland!"
- "Psczcyna - Euromeet 2010 Excursion"
- "Pszczyna - do not try to pronounce it :-)"
- "A day-trip from Krakow"
- "CASTLE MUSEUM IN PSZCZYNA"
- "Don't try to pronounce it, just go visit."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pszczyna
- Hotels in Pszczyna
- Transportation in Pszczyna
- Nightlife in Pszczyna
- Restaurants in Pszczyna
- Shopping in Pszczyna
- Warnings and Dangers in Pszczyna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pszczyna
- 6 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Pszczyna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pszczyna
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues