Plauen Hotel Tips by Kathrin_E
Plauen Hotels: 13 reviews and 4 photos
The hotel is a villa from the 1860s, refurbished in the 1920s, and recently well restored. It is located in a quiet side street a few minutes walk from the old town, Altstadtgalerie shopping mall and the main tram hub at "Tunnel". It is a small private-owned hotel with individual character. I spent only one night there, unfortunately. I liked the place a lot.
The downstairs restaurant is named "Friesische Botschaft" ("Frisian Embassy") and specializes in North-German cuisine, fish, but also a variety of steaks which I recommend having a look at.
They serve Jever Pilsener "because the Plaueners want to drink something exotic now and then", as the waitress explained. Ha. I had a local Sternquell instead and found it a perfect match with my pork fillet and salad.
Unique Qualities: The pretty villa is in excellent shape, rooms are spatious and cosy and comfortable, the atmosphere is friendly and familiar. Good beds, modern bathroom. Curtains that really keep the light where it belongs: outside the windows, not penetrating into the room at night.
Nice big breakfast buffet. You have to walk a bit to find everything because the buffet is diwstributed over several rooms.
Address: Raedelstrasse 18
Comparison: about average
Directions: Getting there from Oberer Bahnhof can be done on foot if your luggage is on wheels, it's about 15 minutes walk, all downhill. For the return, or if you want it easier, take tram 5 from/to "Capitol", runs every 10 minutes, single fare 1.30 €.
More Reviews (13)
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Plauen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Plauen
- Hotels in Plauen
- Transportation in Plauen
- Restaurants in Plauen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel And Towers
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok
- Travelodge Hotel Billings
- P2 Boutique Hotel
- Hilton Chicago
- Tropikist Beach Hotel
- 1863 Inn of Gettysburg
- Patong Resort
- Aquarium Hotel
- Moose Lodge & Golf Resort
- Harvey's Lake Tahoe
- Suite Hotel S'Argamassa Palace
- Albus Hotel
Badges & Stats in Plauen
- 14 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Plauen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plauen
Photos in PlauenSee All Photos (85)
Read real reviews about Plauen Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 118 reviews, 422 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 37 reviews, 190 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 37 reviews, 188 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Plauen hotel reviews
- Parkhotel Plauen
- 1 Review & Opinion