"Plauen im Vogtland, the Home of Lace" Plauen by Kathrin_E
Plauen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 131 photos
Plauen gained fame as the leading centre of lace production in the era of industrialization. The sleepy provincial town turned into an industrial city.
The elegant world dressed in Plauener Spitzen, which is still a renowned brand name. The style has changed but lace is still popular. Lace pieces are sold everywhere in town.
Sights from Plauen's pre-industrial era include the old town hall, the churches, the Vogtlandmuseum in three 18th century townhouses, and one of the oldest stone bridges in Central Europe.
The old town has light and shadow. Many buildings have been well restored. A glimpse into the side streets will show that there is still a lot of work to be done.
The little white tower is easily overlooked between the huge new town hall and the almost as huge new shopping mall. It... more travel advice
Plauen has three train stations: Oberer Bahnhof, Unterer Bahnhof, Westbahnhof. Oberer Bahnhof, the "upper" station, is... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Plauen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Plauen
- Hotels in Plauen
- Transportation in Plauen
- Restaurants in Plauen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plauen
- 14 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Plauen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plauen
Photos in PlauenSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues