"Altja: Clouds, Water, and Rocks" Altja by Kathrin_E
Altja Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 54 photos
Altja is a former fishermen's village in Lahemaa National Park. Nowadays there are no professional fishermen any more. Most houses have been turned into summer houses and belong to families who live in Tallinn and elsewhere.
The coastline consists of small bays and peninsulas full of granite boulders, erratics the glaciers of the ice age have left behind. A little hike along the shore is a must in Altja. The clouds in the sky put on a show for free.
The old village pub of Altja ia a wooden building with a thatched roof. The interior is plain and dark, you sit on... more travel advice
A row of four old wooden sheds is located at the tip of the peninsula. These buildings have never been meant as houses... more travel advice
Written Sep 24, 2009
Clouds, Rocks and Water: Shore Impressions
Written Sep 24, 2009
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Altja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely old fishing village"
- "Altja: Clouds, Water, and Rocks"
- "A Wombat in Altja"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altja
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Altja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altja
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues