"Karlovy Vary - Karlsbad" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlovy Vary by Kathrin_E
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 677 photos
Karlovy Vary, or Karlsbad as it was called in the German-speaking epriods of its history, is one of those belle epoque spas where the elegant world of Europe assembled during the summer months for some health treatments and to be where the high society had to be. The town, especially the spa quarter, was refurbished in that era. Karlovy Vary has preserved its late 19th century flair. Most of the buildings are well restored.
The narrow valley of Teplá river has many thermal springs that emerge from the ground, some with notable pressure. The water runs from fountains like this one and is free to take. Walikng, enjoying the pretty spa architecture and people-watching while sipping the water is a pleasant and relaxing pastime. Strolling along the promenades on the river banks, one automatically passes most of the town's attractions.
Among the many thermal springs in and around Karlovy Vary, 13 are used for spa treatment and can be drunk. Very few have... more travel advice
Karlovy Vary's theater is a neobaroque structure, built in 1886 on the river bank in the middle of the spa quarter. The... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Karlovy Vary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot springs & cooool architecture"
- "Karlovy Vary - Karlsbad"
- "KARLOVY VARY - The Spa Town -"
- "Day Trip to Karlovy Vary"
- "Day of Water Treatment"
- "Reflections on Karlovy Vary"
- "Take a stroll"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovy Vary
- Hotels in Karlovy Vary
- Transportation in Karlovy Vary
- Nightlife in Karlovy Vary
- Restaurants in Karlovy Vary
- Shopping in Karlovy Vary
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlovy Vary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlovy Vary
- 23 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Karlovy Vary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovy Vary
Photos in Karlovy VarySee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues