"Rheinbach: Small Town Between Rhine And Eifel" Rheinbach by Kathrin_E
Rheinbach Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 132 photos
In spite of its name, Rheinbach is NOT situated in the Rhine valley. It's not too far away, though: 20 kms West of Bonn at the foot of the Eifel hills.
The whole town can be considered "well off the beaten path", so it's quite hard to classify the tips. I have a bet with myself, though: is it possible to write 39 tips - one for each year our family has been connected with this place - about a little town like this?
We'll see that a seemingly uninteresting place has a lot of hidden beauties and things to do.
To me, Rheinbach means heaps of childhood memories and family visits. In 1969 my grandparents moved here after Grandpa retired. He died here in 2007, aged 95. Grandma is about to move away because at 88 she can't cope with living on her own any more. So this may have been my last visit...
Update: It was my last visit. Grandma has in the meantime moved into an old people's home close to where my parents live.
Lubig is a regional bakery chain with its seat in Bonn. The old baker Lubig was one of the pioneers who started selling... more travel advice
Free parking in the old town is hard to find. If you don't mind walking a bit you may be lucky in the streets further... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Rheinbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rheinbach: Small Town Between Rhine And Eifel"
- "A Wombat In Rheinbach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rheinbach
- Hotels in Rheinbach
- Transportation in Rheinbach
- Restaurants in Rheinbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rheinbach
- 40 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (131)
Have you been to Rheinbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rheinbach
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues