"Are They All Crazy in Schramberg?" Schramberg by Kathrin_E
Schramberg Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 80 photos
Yes, they probably are, judging from the event this town is most famous for. Schramberg is The Hometown of Bach-na-Fahre.
Schramberg is an innocent-looking small town in the heart of the Black Forest. It is located inside a narrow valley with a little river named Schiltach. One branch of the river runs right through the centre of the town, and this stream, or canal, is the star of the show.
At Fastnacht Anno 1936 a bunch of people, in the morning after drinking all night, had the bright idea of going down the stream in a wooden tub. The many eye witnesses as well as the participants found this fun and entertaining, so it was repeated the following year, and the year after...
The crowd of the Bach-na-Fahrer grew larger and a tradition was born.
On Carnival Monday the decorated tubs assemble to ride the stream. Most have been turned into fantastic watercrafts - locomotives, bananas, hospital beds... - and everyone wonders: will they swim, or not?
The jester guild created a Häs for the Bach-na-Fahrer. A group of them, not necessarily the same people who actually... more travel advice
On the day of the Bach-na-Fahre, Schramberg's biggest Fastnacht event, the local jester guild are doing a parade in town... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Schramberg Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Schramberg
- 6 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Schramberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schramberg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 118 reviews, 422 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 37 reviews, 190 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 37 reviews, 188 photos, 9 travelogues