"Schwerin" Top 5 Page for this destination Schwerin by Kathrin_E
Schwerin Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 290 photos
Does anyone have a clue how many lakes surround Schwerin? I have counted 11 different lake names on my town map but there must be more outside the map's borders. The landscape with the open waters, big and small, makes the town unique.
A small island between Burgsee and Schweriner see, the largest of the lakes, carries the palace. Postcard views are available in abundance. Unfortunately I was not granted postcard weather - all right, at least it stayed dry despite the dark grey clouds.
For those of you who are interested in architecture, Schwerin is a textbook of 19th century styles. Large parts of the town and its buildings were designed or redesigned in neoclassical, neogothic, neorenaissance and any other of historism's "neo" styles.
My visit to Schwerin was short, all I had was a stopover of 3 1/2 hours on the way from home to Wismar. This was enough for a walk of the town and around the palace but not enough to see, for example, the palace museum, enjoy the historical gardens, or do a cruise on the big lake - things I would have liked to do and will definitely do next time.
The cute fountain can be found on the southern bank of Pfaffenteich. The two kids with the umbrella remind visitors... more travel advice
The monument in the park in front of the Schloss was erected in 1874 to recall Germany’s victory over France in the war... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Schwerin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Day trip from Hamburg"
- "Welcome in green Schwerin !"
- "BALTIC SEA - INSEL POEL - HANSESTADT WISMAR - BOLT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schwerin
- Hotels in Schwerin
- Transportation in Schwerin
- Nightlife in Schwerin
- Restaurants in Schwerin
- Warnings and Dangers in Schwerin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schwerin
- 23 Reviews
- 101 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Schwerin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schwerin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 118 reviews, 422 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 37 reviews, 190 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 37 reviews, 188 photos, 9 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Schwerin hotel reviews
- Best Western Seehotel Frankenhorst
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 16, 2012