"Stade: Small Town Gem With Hanseatic History" Stade by Kathrin_E
Stade Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 128 photos
Stade is a recent discovery of mine - a charming small town which is hardly on anyone's itinerary, it seems. Stade is located on the Southern Elbe bank, about an hour from Hamburg and halfway to Cuxhaven and the North Sea coast.
The town still lives on its past glory when it used to be a respected member of the Hansa and a wealthy merchants town. Its history has seen ups and downs, including a century of Swedish occupation. All eras have left their traces in the old town centre which has been preserved almost unharmed during the wars and the modernizations of the 20th century. The result is an authentic historical centre dominated by brick and timberframe architecture.
Lämmertwiete is the smallest street in the old town with a name of its own - it is rather a narrow passage between two... more travel advice
Hökerstraße is the main street of the old town. It leads past the town hall and the entrance to the churchyard of St... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Stade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stade: Small Town Gem With Hanseatic History"
- "Stade...the town in which I shopped til' I dropped"
- "Brilliant Old River Town"
- "Stade - u/c"
- "A Wombat in Stade"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stade
- 24 Reviews
- 87 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Stade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stade
Photos in StadeSee All Photos (87)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues