"Traben-Trarbach" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by Kathrin_E
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos
The double name indicates that Traben-Trarbach actually consists of two different towns: Traben on the left, Trarbach on the right bank of the river Mosel. In 1904 they united and have formed a single municipality since.
Our visit to Traben-Trarbach was short, just a 1.5 hour stopover on a boat cruise from Zeltingen. There wasn't enough time to explore the town thoroughly, especially since it was a family trip with elderly Grandma. These pages show you what I discovered during a quick walk round the town.
Traben on the left river bank is the slightly smaller and slightly less touristy of the two halves. Some pretty hotels and cafes are situated right along the river promenade.
If you arrive on a river boat, enquire a) on which side your boat will be landing and b) whether the return cruise departs from the same landing or from the other side. Some cruise ships arrive in Traben, stay there for the intermission and then move over to Trarbach to begin their return journey from there.
Trarbach, situated on the right resp. Southern Mosel bank, is the larger of the two parts. The ruin of Grevenburg castle dominates the landscape, as can be seen in the big photo.
Trarbach is situated on the outward side of the river bank at the foot of steep hills, so there isn't much space. The town is sqeezed onto the river bank and in the little side valley that opens here. The river promenade unfortunately has been turned into a parking lot, and the main Bundesstraße runs between the town and the Mosel. A walk along the river is more pleasant on the Traben side.
The most enjoyable way of experiencing the landscape of the Mosel valley is a river cruise. Sip a glass of wine and... more travel advice
The beautiful villa on the river bank was designed by Bruno Möhring in 1905. The architect combines Jugendstil,... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jugendstil on the Mosel river"
- "LOVELY TOWN ON THE MOSEL RIVER"
- "Traben-Trarbach -- The heart of Mosel Wine Country"
- "A Tiny Jewel in the Middle Mosel"
- "Welcome to the beautiful Mosel valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Traben-Trarbach
- Hotels in Traben-Trarbach
- Transportation in Traben-Trarbach
- Nightlife in Traben-Trarbach
- Restaurants in Traben-Trarbach
- Shopping in Traben-Trarbach
- Warnings and Dangers in Traben-Trarbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Traben-Trarbach
Photos in Traben-TrarbachSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Traben-Trarbach hotel reviews