"Euromeet 2012 Premeet at Lago di Molveno" Molveno by Kathrin_E

Molveno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 147 photos

Lago di Molveno is one of the smaller lakes in the Italian Alps, rather off the beaten path for most travellers who focus on the famous big lakes. It is located at an altitude of 800 metres in a steep valley at the foot of the Brenta massif in the Western part of the Dolomites.

We were lucky to catch fine weather, and we were lucky to see the lake with a high water level on a calm day with little wind, so the mountains were reflected in the waters and it was all very beautiful.

Molveno saw one of the many premeets around the 2012 Euromeet in Bergamo. It was ritaz who suggested this place for two days with ab it of hiking and a bit of relaxing. Thank you Rita for organizing this! I had had no idea that this place even existed, so thank you for directing me here.

There were all in all six VTers present at the meeting: four humans (Rusket, gubbi1, ritaz and myself) and two non-human members (Backpackermoose and Russell_the_Wombat), plus five VAs.

We had an appointment but ran into each other in the centre of the village by chance already an hour earlier than planned. That gave us time for a coffee break and a chat. While the two ladies, who are well trained and 'sporty', went for a tough mountain hike, gubbi1 and I preferred the easier hike around the lake. Then everyone met again for dinner. A well-filled day.

Nevertheless I have to admit that this place is fine for a couple of days, but I would not want to spend a longer holiday there. Hiking in those steep mountains is rather exhausting, the trail around the lake is one of the rare easier hikes. It takes a lot more than my level of physical fitness to enjoy other hiking trips. The lake is in fact a reservoir and that implies some limitations. Day trip options are also limited: Distances to several interesting places look close on the map but the roads to Molveno are winding mountain roads and driving down and up will soon become tedious and time-consuming.

• Last visit to Molveno: May 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 16, 2012

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Nice photo of the Schuettelbread :) And finally we can measure the diameter on the squared paper ... ;-)

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Stunning pictures of the lake and the Brenta massif. Yep, the church looks like it was built after the fire in 1921, right? Hotel room looks excellent.

Kathrin_E

“Life is too short to drink bad wine.”

Badges & Stats in Molveno

Have you been to Molveno?