"Euromeet 2012 Premeet at Lago di Molveno" Molveno by Kathrin_E
Molveno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 147 photos
Lago di Molveno is one of the smaller lakes in the Italian Alps, rather off the beaten path for most travellers who focus on the famous big lakes. It is located at an altitude of 800 metres in a steep valley at the foot of the Brenta massif in the Western part of the Dolomites.
We were lucky to catch fine weather, and we were lucky to see the lake with a high water level on a calm day with little wind, so the mountains were reflected in the waters and it was all very beautiful.
Molveno saw one of the many premeets around the 2012 Euromeet in Bergamo. It was ritaz who suggested this place for two days with ab it of hiking and a bit of relaxing. Thank you Rita for organizing this! I had had no idea that this place even existed, so thank you for directing me here.
There were all in all six VTers present at the meeting: four humans (Rusket, gubbi1, ritaz and myself) and two non-human members (Backpackermoose and Russell_the_Wombat), plus five VAs.
We had an appointment but ran into each other in the centre of the village by chance already an hour earlier than planned. That gave us time for a coffee break and a chat. While the two ladies, who are well trained and 'sporty', went for a tough mountain hike, gubbi1 and I preferred the easier hike around the lake. Then everyone met again for dinner. A well-filled day.
Nevertheless I have to admit that this place is fine for a couple of days, but I would not want to spend a longer holiday there. Hiking in those steep mountains is rather exhausting, the trail around the lake is one of the rare easier hikes. It takes a lot more than my level of physical fitness to enjoy other hiking trips. The lake is in fact a reservoir and that implies some limitations. Day trip options are also limited: Distances to several interesting places look close on the map but the roads to Molveno are winding mountain roads and driving down and up will soon become tedious and time-consuming.
The parish church of Molveno is rather new, I am inclined to think that at least the nave is entirely from the early... more travel advice
Schüttelbrot translates to "shaken bread", I have no idea why they call it like that. This is a regional speciality... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Molveno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Euromeet 2012 Premeet at Lago di Molveno"
- "Premeet of the Euromeet 2012"
- "Was on my Wish List.........."
- "Trekking & Beach Meet in Molveno, with Wombat"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Molveno
- 13 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Molveno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Molveno
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 431 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues