"Albany" Albany by Kathrin_E
Albany Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 679 photos
The port town of Albany is prettily situated among hills, bays and islands. The viewpoints on top of the different hills provide the best views of the landscape.
The coastline is, geologically speaking, very very old. There are no sharp or rugged rocks but round granite hills and soft shapes.
The quiet Frenchman Bay used to be a base for whaling. The clear blue sea has swallowed a lot of blood in the past. The whaling station has long been closed down and turned into a museum. "Whale World" is Albany's main tourist attraction.
Granite rocks form a natural bridge as part of this spectacular coastline in Torndirrup National Park. The viewpoint is... more travel advice
The last operating whaling station in Australia closed down in 1978 and was later turned into a museum. The whaling... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EVERYBODY LOVES ALBANY!"
- "Albany - The Rainbow Coast"
- "A L B A N Y"
- "Albany and a Wild Aussirose Story"
- "Albany, an adventure waiting to happen."
- "Albany - a city on the southern coast of WA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 5 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (140)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Photos in AlbanySee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 100 reviews, 526 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwetzingen Intro, 39 reviews, 214 photos, 10 travelogues