"Lauterbourg" Lauterbourg by Kathrin_E
Lauterbourg Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 114 photos
Lauterbourg is a small Alsation country town in closest vicinity to the German border. It is just a short hop by train from Karlsruhe. I did not have much idea what to expect and found it a nice place for an afternoon trip.
The centre is small and easily walkable. The longest walk is the way from the station into town.
Place de la République is the main square. It has pretty flower beds but unfortunately too many cars.
The town has its share of historical buildings, mostly baroque. In the Reunion wars of the late 17th century under Louis XIV French troops burned down the town in 1678. Very few older buildings are still there. The town was rebuilt in the early 18th century. Remarkable buildings from that time are in Rue da la Premíère Armée, the main street.
The centre of Lauterbourg is a mix of styles. Not much is preserved from before the fire of 1678, for example the... more travel advice
The catholic Church of the Holy Trinity is the centre and landmark of the town. It is located on a platform above the... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Lauterbourg Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lauterbourg
- 12 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (139)
Have you been to Lauterbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lauterbourg
Photos in LauterbourgSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 100 reviews, 526 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwetzingen Intro, 39 reviews, 214 photos, 10 travelogues