"Wismar" Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar by Kathrin_E
Wismar Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 322 photos
Time stood still in the Hansa city of Wismar. The well preserved old town covers a large area. There is still a lot of restoration work to do. Anyway, the pre-war ambience is still there.
Stroll through the side streets and discover. Photo options are at every street corner and even when you pass the same spot for the fifth time you will discover a new picture to take.
The town has maintained its medieval and early modern structure, including the old port basin and the canal that runs through the town. World War II bombs have hit the industrial areas and destroyed two of the three medieval churches but spared most of the old town. You may find more spectacular individual architectures in other Hansa cities like Lübeck or Stralsund. In Wismar, it is the ensemble that matters, and that made the town UNESCO World Heritage. To present some of those ensembles I wrote a few tips that describe entire streets.
The hotel is conveniently located in the old town next to Wassertor, in close vicinity to the harbour and a few minutes... more travel advice
... suitable for this. This is what the pavement in many streets of Wismar's old town looks like. Wear comfortable flat... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Wismar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old hanse town in the east"
- "Hansa City Wismar"
- "A short visit to Wismar"
- "Wistful about Wismar"
- "A ray of light"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wismar
- Hotels in Wismar
- Transportation in Wismar
- Restaurants in Wismar
- Shopping in Wismar
- Warnings and Dangers in Wismar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wismar
- 40 Reviews
- 196 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Wismar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wismar
Photos in WismarSee All Photos (196)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wroclaw Intro, 100 reviews, 526 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Schwetzingen Intro, 39 reviews, 214 photos, 10 travelogues