"Zeltingen: Vineyards and the river lock" Zeltingen-Rachtig by Kathrin_E
Zeltingen-Rachtig Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
The two neighbouring wine villages of Zeltingen and Rachtig form one municipality today.
Their history is particular: Zeltingen and Rachtig were property of the Archbishop of Cologne till 1806 while more or less the whole surroundings belonged to the Archbishop of Trier. Wine regions have always been wealthy. The houses in the village still tell the story.
River promenade, the village and the steep vineyards of "Zeltinger Sonnenuhr" in the background.
Several barrages regulate the Mosel and prevent - or are supposed to prevent - floodings. The part far left contains turbines to produce electricity.
The small ramp next to it allows the fish to pass the barrage. The local herons know very well that fishing is worthwhile at that spot, we've observed them several times. The lock for the ship is on the right. Since the existing lock is rather narrow a new, larger one is being built.
This photo was taken from my room in the Hotel Winzerverein. I'm glad I caught the rainbow! Is there a pot of gold at the end of the river lock?
People in Zeltingen have put up these funny figures in fron of their houses. The tired hiker with his satchel is... more travel advice
A cruise is the nicest way to experience the landscape of the Mosel valley with its steep vineyards, castles, small... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Zeltingen-Rachtig Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Zeltingen-Rachtig
- 10 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (134)
Have you been to Zeltingen-Rachtig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zeltingen-Rachtig
Photos in Zeltingen-RachtigSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues