Annaberg-Buchholz Shopping Tips by Kathrin_E
Annaberg-Buchholz Shopping: 1 reviews and 5 photos
Shop thats sells products of their own workshop
The traditional woodcarvings of the Ore Mountains are of course available in Annaberg. Most of these shops assemble along the main tourist route, Kirchgasse between Annenkirche and market square. There are just a few in other side streets.
Quality varies widely, though. There are some shops that sell the products of only one (local) workshop. Others have a wider choice of different brands and producers, but all certified Ore Mountains workshops in good quality. But I have also seen Czech products from Riesengebirge/Krkonoše which have an entirely different style.
Then there is that "50% on everything" discount shop, a thorn in the side to the more trustworthy but more expensive neighbours. Their stuff is, as can be seen at first glance after seeing the authentic crafts, mass production and I have no idea where it was made - better not think aloud. You know what I mean. This shop is best avoided although the discount prices may look appealing. You get what you pay for.
If you are after antiquities, there is a small antiquities shop in Kirchgasse which also sells old woodcarvings and such. Not cheap, though. Looking into the shop window and comparing to the modern style is interesting - I loved that funny Schwibbogen in (photo 5).
What to buy: Ore Mountains woodcarvngs. Christmas decorations like pyramids, Schwibbögen, nutcrackers, nativities, chandeliers, angels, miner figures, wooden toys, etc. etc.
What to pay: Depends on size and quality. If you want original and locally made items, don't fall for the cheapest prices.
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (24)
- Next to Annenkirche
- See All Post Distance Columns
- See All Frohnauer Hammer
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Annaberg-Buchholz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annaberg-Buchholz in the Ore Mountains"
- "A Wombat in Annaberg (and Buchholz)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Hotels in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Transportation in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Nightlife in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Restaurants in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Shopping in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Warnings and Dangers in Annaberg-Buchholz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Majorca Island Hotels
- Kongsvinger Hotels
- Santiago de Compostela Hotels
- Bet She'an Hotels
- Manzanillo del Mar
Badges & Stats in Annaberg-Buchholz
- 25 Reviews
- 223 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Annaberg-Buchholz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annaberg-Buchholz
Photos in Annaberg-BuchholzSee All Photos (223)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Annaberg-Buchholz hotel reviews
- Wilder Mann
- 1 Review & Opinion