"Dresden" Dresden by Kathrin_E
Dresden Travel Guide: 1,336 reviews and 4,024 photos
Autumn morning magic at the Blue Wonder bridge
Dresden and surroundings are one of my favourite travel regions in Germany. I am shaking my head if I read forum posts from people who want to see Dresden in one day trip, and even more about people who seriously believe Dresden can be seen in a few hours.
Well, you see only what you know of.
I am currently planning my, if counting correctly, 7th visit to the Dresden area. Each visit was between four and ten days long. And I still have a list as long as a roll of toilet paper with places to see and things to do. Again there are some tough decisions to be made. There is just too much that sounds appealing...
This page is a construction site and will forever be, just like the city. Whenever I see the old centre, it has changed again. Burnt to ashes in the war, only partly rebuilt in DDR times and the rest left in ruins or substituted by socialist architecture, now a lot is rebuilt, reconstructed or even reinvented. Dresden is fascinating for its historical heritage, but just as well for the different ways of dealing with destruction and reconstruction.
Dresden's baroque old town has been wiped out in World War II. The DDR regime planned to build a new socialist city,... more travel advice
The armoury of the Electors and Kings of Saxony used to be shown in Semper’s art gallery building by the Zwinger. It has... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Dresden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dresden"
- "Still Beautiful Elegance"
- "WONDERFUL DRESDEN!"
- "Back to the Future: From Rubble to Baroque Beauty"
- "Five visits in Dresden"
- "Dresden in 1995"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dresden
- Hotels in Dresden
- Transportation in Dresden
- Nightlife in Dresden
- Restaurants in Dresden
- Shopping in Dresden
- Warnings and Dangers in Dresden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dresden
- 46 Reviews
- 223 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Dresden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dresden
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Screenshots for forum replies."
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Dresden tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Landtag: Parliament of Saxony"
- Wrote a Review Reinventing Baroque Dresden about Altstadt (Old Town) in Dresden Favorites
- updated a Dresden Travel Page "Dresden"
- Uploaded a Video to Dresden
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 119 reviews, 428 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 78 reviews, 294 photos, 8 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 47 reviews, 241 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wismar Intro, 39 reviews, 196 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Landshut Intro, 39 reviews, 191 photos, 4 travelogues