"Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town" Edenkoben by Kathrin_E
Edenkoben Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 148 photos
This is the typical landscape of the wine region: rolling hills covered in vineyards at the foot of the Palatinate Forest. Even the Bavarian King Ludwig I loved this place so much that he built his summer villa here.
The picture on the left shows the ideal local couple in front of their house... Most houses, wineries or not, have those large arched gates that lead into the yard. A vine climbing the wall is also a typical addition. The dress code, at least for the women, is a bit different nowadays. The men still wear jeans and shirts and caps (or, alternatively, the green-khaki variety of work clothes most farmers have) but the women have abandoned the long dresses and white aprons and wear more practical clothing.
Anyway, I found this a cute picture to describe the spirit of Edenkoben even if it is a bit kitschy and folcloristic. This is my favourite among the many painted distributor boxes in the village.
Edenkoben is one of the many pretty wine towns and villages along the German Wine Road at the foot of the Palatinate Forest. The streets of the town have those arches across, overgrown by vines. The town is surrounded by vineyards and there is a vineyard even in the middle of the settlement.
- In a nutshell:It's all about wine.
Edenkoben is easy to reach by train. The town is located on the regional railway line between Neustadt/Weinstraße and... more travel advice
The mild climate of Palatine allows not only growing vines but also almond trees. When they are in bloom they are the... more travel advice
Kathrin_E's Related Pages
Edenkoben Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town"
- "A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edenkoben
- 18 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to Edenkoben?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edenkoben
Photos in EdenkobenSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Wroclaw Intro, 98 reviews, 516 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 120 reviews, 432 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marburg an der Lahn Intro, 79 reviews, 303 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuxhaven Intro, 48 reviews, 250 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 18 reviews, 273 photos, 25 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Konstanz Intro, 47 reviews, 240 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 46 reviews, 223 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essen Intro, 43 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Münster Intro, 41 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Annaberg-Buchholz Intro, 25 reviews, 223 photos, 15 travelogues