"A Relaxing Spot on the Shores of Geneva Lake" Williams Bay by riorich55
Williams Bay Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
In 2011 a week after our daughter's wedding, Sue and I had planned on celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary a few months late with a return trip down to the Caribbean. It had been 35 years since we had been down there on our honeymoon and even though it was the middle of hurricane season we thought we would give it a go. However, 5 weeks before our planned trip I got a really good assignment working with Coca-Cola in Atlanta thus we had to cancel the trip this year.
However, we did have enough time for a 3 day weekend just north of the Illinois/Wisconsin border to explore the Geneva Lake area. Even though it is only about a 90 minute drive from our home it is indeed a world away. Very peaceful and tranquil especially if you stay on this side of the lake away from the very touristy town of Lake Geneva.
Sue picked me up from the airport on my way back from Atlanta and we headed up for our 3 day retreat to a place called the Lazy Cloud Bed and Breakfast. At the B & B they have 8 suites and 2 smaller rooms which have their own little private entrance. Our room was the one with the door on the left hand side of it as you can see from the picture here.
We arrived just after sunset and after a minor road detour followed the iPads navigation right to the front door. After checking in and getting settled a bit, we headed off into town for dinner.
For the rest of the weekend we explored all the areas around the Geneva Lake area, had some nice dinners and enjoyed our whirlpool and fireplace room back at the B & B.
I've got a few tips to share for a couple of the areas that we visited so stay tuned.
- Pros:Restful, Peaceful Place to Visit
- Cons:Can Get a Bit Touristy at Times
- In a nutshell:Quiet
riorich55's Related Pages
Williams Bay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Williams Bay
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Williams Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Williams Bay
Photos in Williams BaySee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 93 reviews, 331 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue