"A Day Open on a Business Trip" Hudson by riorich55

Hudson Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos

Originally Posted on my Profile Page

Toward the end of April, 2010 I got a chance to head to New York for 4 days of meetings and training. This was a last minute trip and I didn't book my flight until the Thursday before I left on Sunday morning. Rather then pay the crazy fares for a mid afternoon flight from Chicago to New York on a Sunday afternoon (Even if I'm not picking up the bill I don't like to get ripped off) I caught a 6:00 a.m. flight and was in my rental car by 9:15 a.m. (New York time) for a trip to the home of my 2nd favorite U.S. President, Theodore Roosevelt. (Abe Lincoln from my home state of Illinois is and will always be #1). I spent a picture perfect morning and early afternoon in Oyster Bay, New York and then tooled around in Long Island and then headed up to Danbury, Connecticut where my hotel was at.

I wasn't sure how long I was going to be staying or if we had anything scheduled for Friday morning, so I didn't book a return flight home until 5:10 p.m. on Friday afternoon. Fortunately for me we finished all our work on Thursday and that left me most of the day Friday to head up to the Hudson River Valley area in New York on yet another picture perfect day. And yes, I took lots and lots of pictures and videos which I will share.

• Last visit to Hudson: Apr 2010
  • Intro Written Aug 25, 2013

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Hudson