"Why Fly When You Can Drive?" Saint Louis by riorich55
Saint Louis Travel Guide: 1,145 reviews and 2,009 photos
St Louis is only about a 4 to 4 1/2 hour drive from Chicago depending if the State Police are out in force or not. Speed Limit is 65, but as long as you follow the flow of traffic and don't go zooming in the right lane you can go along at about a 72 to 75 MPH clip. This Jaquar passed me, but got back in the right lane as there were a lot of troopers on the road this day.
When the Gateway Arch was built in St Louis in the 1960's people from Illinois always wondered when they were going to build the croquet mallet across the river in East St Louis.
I will have to do a little research on this statue as I took it while down by the Mississippi River on my way out of town. Suffice to say, I'd never seen this here before on a couple of other trip down to St. Louis in the past.
- Pros:Nice Weekend Trip from Chicago
- Cons:Very Hot and Very Very Humid in the Summer
- In a nutshell:Home of the St Louis Cardinals - Chicago Cubs rivals
This is a diner in a neighborhood that most visitors won't get to. It is not in the best of neighborhoods, but if you're... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Saint Louis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Louis Has Many Surprises, for Everyone!"
- "The Symbols of the City"
- ""Meet Me In St. Louis" is Not Just a Song Title"
- "Saint Louis"
- "My Home Town"
- "The Gateway to East Central Missouri"
- "St. Louiis - Gateway to the Wild Wild West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Louis
- Hotels in Saint Louis
- Transportation in Saint Louis
- Nightlife in Saint Louis
- Restaurants in Saint Louis
- Shopping in Saint Louis
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Louis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Louis
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Saint Louis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Louis
Photos in Saint LouisSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 93 reviews, 331 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue