"Where the Heck is Warroad?" Warroad by riorich55

Warroad Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 5 photos

The Hockey Town by Lake in the Woods

Several years ago I had the opportunity to spend almost 2 weeks on business in this town of 2000 which is located only 6 miles south of the Canadian border. In fact from Chicago I checked out the flights options and the closest major airport for me to fly into was in Winnipeg, Canada. I arrived in Warroad about 6:30 a.m. one morning after spending the night in Winnipeg and after my 2 weeks in town came to understand the beauty and quiet of not only Warroad but the Northern Minnesota area.

One of Two In Town Hockey Rinks

Although Christian Bros Hockey Sticks are no longer made here, Warroad is crazy about their hockey. This is the newer of 2 hockey rinks in town. It seemed that when I stopped in there was either a practice or game going on. The Christian Brothers were both US Olympians and I think from what I remember the first native American Indian to become a NHL Hockey player also played in Warroad.

Warroads Other Town Export

Interestingly enough besides hockey and fishing there is industry in the Northern Minnesota area. The dominant industry in Warroad is the Marvin Door and Window Company. I'm sure that after the cold, cold winter of 2007-08 that we are finally getting out of and natural gas prices going through the roof that many people, myself included, are thinking of upgrading to more energy efficient doors and windows which should be a boon for Warroad.

• Pros:Great Fishing and Great People
  • Cons:Too Cold in the Winter
  • In a nutshell:A Unique Out of the Way Traveling Experience
  • Last visit to Warroad: Nov 2005
  • Intro Written Mar 16, 2008

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Warroad

Have you been to Warroad?

Latest Activity in Warroad