"Home of My Favorite Restaurant" Moorhead by riorich55

Moorhead Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 32 photos

Across the Red River from Fargo, North Dakota

I'm not sure how many people will actually get to this page, but if you do and are reading this welcome. Moorhead obviously is not on the MUST VISIT travel list for 99.9% of the world's population, but if you do ever get into this part of the world you might want to explore a bit of this and its sister town across the backward flowing river that divides the two.

On the Other Side of the River

Yes, the Red River does flow up or north in this case unlike the majority of the rivers in the Northern Hemisphere which flow south. In this case the Red River flows northward toward Lake Winnipeg. Now one thing about the Red River is that it is a constant source of flooding in the spring or late winter. This is when the winter snows are melting at a faster pace then the river banks can keep up with. Whenever you see pictures of the Red River flooding you will often see pictures from the location where I took this specific picture.

Another Plug for my Favorite Restaurant

Sarello's, my favorite restaurant is located almost on the banks of the Red River. In fact the restaurant has received some water, not much, in recent times. Tony Nasello and his wife Sarah opened this restaurant back in 2001 and recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the restaurant. It was surprising to me when I took my first trip up to the Fargo/Moorhead area back in January, 2002 to find such a great place to spend an evening. The food is out of this world and the friendliness of the staff and owner are great.

Tony and I have become good friends over the years as I always make it a point to stop into his restaurant whenever I'm up in Fargo on business. In fact my last trip up I was able to have dinner on 2 separate nights and on one of the nights literally spent the entire evening there.

• Pros:My Favorite Restaurant in the United States
  • Cons:Too Far Away to Make it just a Day Trip
  • Last visit to Moorhead: Sep 2010
  • Intro Written Jan 18, 2011

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Moorhead

Have you been to Moorhead?

Latest Activity in Moorhead