"Home of My Favorite Restaurant" Moorhead by riorich55
Moorhead Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 32 photos
I'm not sure how many people will actually get to this page, but if you do and are reading this welcome. Moorhead obviously is not on the MUST VISIT travel list for 99.9% of the world's population, but if you do ever get into this part of the world you might want to explore a bit of this and its sister town across the backward flowing river that divides the two.
Yes, the Red River does flow up or north in this case unlike the majority of the rivers in the Northern Hemisphere which flow south. In this case the Red River flows northward toward Lake Winnipeg. Now one thing about the Red River is that it is a constant source of flooding in the spring or late winter. This is when the winter snows are melting at a faster pace then the river banks can keep up with. Whenever you see pictures of the Red River flooding you will often see pictures from the location where I took this specific picture.
Sarello's, my favorite restaurant is located almost on the banks of the Red River. In fact the restaurant has received some water, not much, in recent times. Tony Nasello and his wife Sarah opened this restaurant back in 2001 and recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the restaurant. It was surprising to me when I took my first trip up to the Fargo/Moorhead area back in January, 2002 to find such a great place to spend an evening. The food is out of this world and the friendliness of the staff and owner are great.
Tony and I have become good friends over the years as I always make it a point to stop into his restaurant whenever I'm up in Fargo on business. In fact my last trip up I was able to have dinner on 2 separate nights and on one of the nights literally spent the entire evening there.
- Pros:My Favorite Restaurant in the United States
- Cons:Too Far Away to Make it just a Day Trip
I had never been inside the Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead until my last trip and even then I didn't have time to walk... more travel advice
I had past this sub sandwich shop a few days earlier and on my last night in town when I really felt like just going... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Moorhead Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MInnesota State University Moorhead"
- "Home of My Favorite Restaurant"
- "Ben's Hometown of Moorhead"
- "Moorhead MN"
- "Moorhead Minnesota"
- "Concordia College, Moorhead, MN"
- "Moorhead, US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moorhead
- Hotels in Moorhead
- Transportation in Moorhead
- Nightlife in Moorhead
- Restaurants in Moorhead
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moorhead
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Moorhead?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moorhead
- Posted in Travel Chicago Forum "Re: travel with 86 year old..."
- Wrote a Review Learn About Norwegian Heritage in Moorhead Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Learn About Norwegian Heritage"
- created a Moorhead Travel Page "Home of My Favorite Restaurant"
- Commented on one of dromosapien's Moorhead travel pages
Photos in MoorheadSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 92 reviews, 326 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue