"Moose Capital of the North" Karlstad by riorich55

Karlstad Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Didn't See Any

Well, they may call themselves the Moose Capital of the North but on the particular Saturday I passed through town the only moose I saw was on the water tower in the next picture.

Let me just tell you a bit about the town and why I was there. After having finished my first week of business in Warroad, Minnesota on Saturday morning and not having to be at work again until Monday morning I decided to ride around a bit on my way back up to Winnipeg, Manitoba for a Saturday Night stay and tour of Winnipeg on Sunday.

I had only heard of the town the week I was in Warroad because the salesperson I was training on the new handheld computer that week lived here. That in itself is an interesting story because I found out that before he had become a salesperson for Pepsi his previous life was a professional hockey player and in fact had appeared in exactly 2 National Hockey League games as a goalie for the New Jersey Devils. He lost his first game and won his second and then was replaced by another goalie who holds the record I think for longevity by a goalie and will be an NHL Hall of Famer when he retires.

Wait There's One Way Up There

Like I said the only moose I saw was this one. Maybe the lack of moose running around had something to do that this was hunting season and all those men in orange were running around with shiny objects all weekend.

• Pros:I'm sure people who hunt love living in the town
  • Cons:Not quite the town for a city boy
  • In a nutshell:Quiet, Out of the Way
  • Last visit to Karlstad: Nov 2005
  • Intro Written Apr 1, 2011

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Karlstad

Have you been to Karlstad?

Latest Activity in Karlstad