"At the Top of Minnesota" Angle Inlet by riorich55
Angle Inlet Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
I talk a little bit on my tip inside how it was that I ended up here on a business trip, so if you want a little more history of my trip up here check the 1 tip I have inside this page.
If you take a look at a map of Minnesota there is the pointy part up toward the top. Most of that pointy part is the Lake of the Woods which if I remember correctly is the world's 100th largest lake. On our trip up here in early November it was certainly cold, but the lake had not yet frozen over. It was actually between seasons for the fishing up here since it was a few months past the summer fishing season and just about a month before the ice fishing could begin on the frozen lake.
Later in the year, in fact, when the manager makes his delivery of soda and CO 2 containers up here he will take his small vehicle and actually drive from Warroad, Minnesota (where the distribution facility is) across the frozen lake to the islands. He can make that trip a lot quicker then the round about way I describe on the tip.
Anyway, here are a few pictures of Angle Inlet from that day.
- Pros:If you are an outdoorsman this would be a great place in the summer and winter
- Cons:If you are a townsfolk not interested in hunting and fishing you could be bored
- In a nutshell:Scenic, out of the way with Mother Nature all around you
riorich55's Related Pages
Angle Inlet Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Angle Inlet
- Hotels in Angle Inlet
- Transportation in Angle Inlet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Angle Inlet
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Angle Inlet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Angle Inlet
Photos in Angle InletSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 93 reviews, 331 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue