"Gateway Town to Sleeping Bear Dunes" Frankfort by riorich55
Frankfort Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 30 photos
My wife and I had planned a 10 day to 14 day trip doing a Lake Michigan Circle Tour to coincide with our oldest son's wedding in Petoskey, Michigan, but alas had to cut that trip down to 5 days as I had started a new job just a few weeks before the trip and could only take a few days off. But we did get to spend a few days exploring some towns and areas in the Northern part of Lower Michigan.
One of the towns we stopped was Frankfort. We wanted to make sure we got to Sleeping Bear Dunes on our trip, but needed a bit of lunch as it was about 2:00 p.m. as we approached this gateway town to Sleeping Bear Dunes.
The main picture here are a couple of the older buildings on the west side of town. You can walk the length of the downtown area which is only about 4 blocks long in a very short time.
They have a nice little beach on the shores of Lake Michigan and on this particular Thursday in early August there were a number of summer tourist enjoying the pleasant day on the beach.
We drove through the beach parking lot, got a quick look at the lighthouse and then went to look for a parking spot along the main street and then find someplace for lunch.
We parked, got out and decided to go the eastern edge of the main drag for a quick lunch.
We found a great little place to pick up a quick lunch and then sat along the harbor watching a few pleasure craft fueling up. We walked back uptown, stopped in a few shops to look around and then wound our way back out of town to see what else we could discover.
- In a nutshell:Scenic and quiet little town on the shores of Lake Michigan
I finally got to use the VT's suggestion for the title of the review. Anyway, we pulled into Frankfort about 2:00 p.m.... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Frankfort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frankfort, Michigan"
- "Frankfort, Michigan"
- "Gateway Town to Sleeping Bear Dunes"
- "F r a n k f o r t"
- "michigan called me home..i came from wi."
- "Basaic Frankfort Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfort
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Frankfort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfort
Photos in FrankfortSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 91 reviews, 322 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue