"Indiana's 2nd Largest City" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Wayne by riorich55
Fort Wayne Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 154 photos
Although not a real tourist destination (I've only been here twice on business in 2004 and 2010) the town has some interesting sites to see. The first time I was in town was in March, 2004 several years before I joined Virtual Tourist, thus I didn't have my now ever present camera and camcorder with me. I stayed at the same hotel now as I did then so I will be able to give a VT review of that, but alas the other reviews which I may have given then (restaurants, sporting events, etc.) are too far in the distant past for me to give a current review.
About a week before I left for Fort Wayne, I happened across the book "The Lincoln Highway - Coast to Coast from Times Square to the Golden Gate" by Michael Wallis and Michael S. Williamson at my local library. Since I had been to Times Square only a few weeks before and use to travel to San Francisco for business rather regularly back in the 1990's and since the Lincoln Highway goes through an area of Illinois not far from where I live and since I'm a big fan of Abraham Lincoln and am current reading the book Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter I checked this book out (hopefully my High School English teachers won't read this sentence - which it probably isn't). The book covers the history of the Lincoln Highway (maybe another tip) and describes the section that runs through Indiana.
Following the books guideline I was able to create 3 tips for my VT Fort Wayne pages, on Cindy's Diner in Fort Wayne, the Magic Wand outside of Fort Wayne in Churusbusco, Indiana and then the cemetary where Uncle Sam (yes, according to legend the original USA's Uncle Sam is buried in Merriam. I've included the last 2 in the Fort Wayne page since Churusbusco and Merriam are very small towns with no other reviews.
I had 2 nights and a quick 2 hour afternoon after business on Friday to capture some of my images and impressions of Fort Wayne to share with everyone.
The first time I stayed here was back in 2004. At that time I was on an almost year long roll out of new computer... more travel advice
Yes, if you have Coulrophobia (the extreme fear of clowns) don't stop at the Magic Wand located 15 miles northwest of... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Fort Wayne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ischyros's Fort Wayne Page"
- "Fort Wayne, The summit City"
- "Founded on the Rivers."
- "The Ol' Fort"
- "Indiana's 2nd Largest City"
- "The Summit City (?)"
- "I live in Fort Wayne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Wayne
- Hotels in Fort Wayne
- Transportation in Fort Wayne
- Nightlife in Fort Wayne
- Restaurants in Fort Wayne
- Shopping in Fort Wayne
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Wayne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Wayne
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Fort Wayne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Wayne
Photos in Fort WayneSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 91 reviews, 322 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue