"Indiana's 2nd Largest City" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Wayne by riorich55

Fort Wayne Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 156 photos

My 2nd Trip to Fort Wayne

Although not a real tourist destination (I've only been here twice on business in 2004 and 2010) the town has some interesting sites to see. The first time I was in town was in March, 2004 several years before I joined Virtual Tourist, thus I didn't have my now ever present camera and camcorder with me. I stayed at the same hotel now as I did then so I will be able to give a VT review of that, but alas the other reviews which I may have given then (restaurants, sporting events, etc.) are too far in the distant past for me to give a current review.

About a week before I left for Fort Wayne, I happened across the book "The Lincoln Highway - Coast to Coast from Times Square to the Golden Gate" by Michael Wallis and Michael S. Williamson at my local library. Since I had been to Times Square only a few weeks before and use to travel to San Francisco for business rather regularly back in the 1990's and since the Lincoln Highway goes through an area of Illinois not far from where I live and since I'm a big fan of Abraham Lincoln and am current reading the book Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter I checked this book out (hopefully my High School English teachers won't read this sentence - which it probably isn't). The book covers the history of the Lincoln Highway (maybe another tip) and describes the section that runs through Indiana.

Following the books guideline I was able to create 3 tips for my VT Fort Wayne pages, on Cindy's Diner in Fort Wayne, the Magic Wand outside of Fort Wayne in Churusbusco, Indiana and then the cemetary where Uncle Sam (yes, according to legend the original USA's Uncle Sam is buried in Merriam. I've included the last 2 in the Fort Wayne page since Churusbusco and Merriam are very small towns with no other reviews.

I had 2 nights and a quick 2 hour afternoon after business on Friday to capture some of my images and impressions of Fort Wayne to share with everyone.

• Last visit to Fort Wayne: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2010

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Fort Wayne

Have you been to Fort Wayne?

Latest Activity in Fort Wayne