"Peoria - A Town of Firsts for me" Top 5 Page for this destination Peoria by riorich55
Peoria Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 192 photos
A unique description I heard about Peoria last week at a funeral for one of my wife's uncles. After WW II "Uncle Ralph" was returning home to Peoria after 4 long years away from home fighting for George Patton. As he was rounding the bend on the bluff road leading into town and caught a glimpse of his hometown these were his first thoughts about Peoria. Almost 25 years later as I was coming to visit the college campus that was to be my home for the next 4 years there in the valley across the Illinois River was my first glimpse of Peoria. I was sold on the city at first glance.
After 4 years of living on campus as a Resident Advisor at Bradley University, I took my first job in Peoria selling computers and moved into my first apartment which was on the 2nd floor of this architectural gem on Moss Avenue only a few blocks from campus. It even came with a working fireplace.
My wife, who graduated from Bradley a year after I did, and I bought our first home a year after we got married in the north edge of town near Expo Gardens. The house came with a pool and a built in bar in the den. Wow!!
- Pros:Met my wife at Bradley University, State Basketball Tournament
- Cons:Too Many Check to Cash Stores
- In a nutshell:A Lot of Memories
As I've already mentioned in a couple of pages about Peoria I spent some very formative years here going to college,... more travel advice
I first discovered Avanti's as a Freshman at Bradley University back in 1970. It was very convenient to campus (about... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Peoria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Three-Time All American City: Peoria"
- "Peoria - A Town of Firsts for me"
- "Home of the Prairie Airshow"
- ""If it'll play in Peoria...""
- "Peoria has plenty of culture!"
- "P-town is Paradise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peoria
- Hotels in Peoria
- Transportation in Peoria
- Nightlife in Peoria
- Restaurants in Peoria
- Warnings and Dangers in Peoria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peoria
- 12 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Peoria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peoria
Photos in PeoriaSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 39 reviews, 136 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Peoria hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn Morton
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Jameson Inn & Suites Peoria
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Residence Inn Peoria
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hotel Pere Marquette
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- Jumer's Castle Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Super 8 Peoria East
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Peoria
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Mark Twain Hotel
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Red Roof Inn Peoria
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013