Naperville Local Custom Tips by riorich55 Top 5 Page for this destination
Naperville Local Customs: 11 reviews and 21 photos
Flags, Flags, Flags
There are always lots of parades in downtown Naperville, New Years Eve, St Patricks Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and I've probably forgotten a few others. Mainly locals marching and bands playing, but everyone seems to enjoy them and if you are lucky you might even walk away with some candy, beads or coupons.
We hadn't attended a parade for a while, but I wanted to go down to the Memorial Day parade to take some pictures. So we did and here are a few of those pictures to enjoy.
Leaves Waiting for Pickup
Here it is November again in Chicago and all those trees we planted when we build our home here in 1987 have now grown up and keep us physically active each fall when they start dropping their leaves after a full summer's worth of shading. 3 times during the season the City of Naperville comes by to sweep them up, so you try to get as many to the curbside before they come by. The pictures on this page are from around our house (front and back yard during the leaf(ing) season)
Hagrid Mingles With The Locals
It's always interesting to come into downtown Naperville for parades, go cart races, triathlons, book events, etc. You never know what you are going to see. Here are some familiar characters that were here prior to the last J.K. Rowling book release last summer.
A Line Outside the Door at Starbucks
I thought both these pictures reflected what a lot of people from other Chicago suburbs think about Napervillians. In reality, although it is an affluent community everybody works very hard to achieve their success.
More Reviews (37)
- See All Visit Naper Settlement
- See All Inaugural Naperville Marathon
- See All Naperville Shopping Guide
- See All River Woods Park
riorich55's Related Pages
Naperville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Naperville - Our Hometown For 34 Years"
- "Technoburb, USA"
- "Naperville -- a fun western suburb of Chicago"
- "You can go home again!"
- "A Nice suburb!!"
- "My Visit to Naperville"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naperville
- Hotels in Naperville
- Transportation in Naperville
- Restaurants in Naperville
- Shopping in Naperville
- Warnings and Dangers in Naperville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naperville
- 41 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Naperville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naperville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Top Musical Cities"
- updated a Naperville Travel Page "Naperville - Our Hometown For 34 Years"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Naperville Shopping Guide"
- Commented on one of riorich55's Naperville travel pages
- Wrote a Review Go to a Parade in Naperville Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to Naperville
Photos in NapervilleSee All Photos (144)
Videos in NapervilleSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 93 reviews, 331 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue