"At the Edge of the Chicagoland Area" Kankakee by riorich55
Kankakee Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
I think my first recollection of Kankakee was when I was a freshman in High School and our freshman basketball team took an early Saturday monring bus ride about 45 miles south to play a team in our conference in the city just north of Kankakee called Bradley. There are actually 3 cities that are all right next to each other and make up the Kankakee area. They are Kankakee, Bradley and Bourbonnais.
Located about 60 miles due south of Chicago on Interstate 57 the town is really not on any typical tourist trail. If you travel along the Interstate from Chicago to Champaign, Illinois (home of the University of Illinois) or head farther south into Southern Illinois or connect to Interstate 55 going to Memphis you won't even see the town. You will however cross over the namesake, Kankakee River which by the way is the only river I have ever canoed on when my youngest son was in scouts.
When I'm eating alone in a restaurant on a business trip I usually try to strike up a conversation with the wait staff... more travel advice
While in town on business for a couple of days I always like to try the local "joints". Having had lunch there just... more travel advice
riorich55's Related Pages
Kankakee Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kankakee
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Kankakee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kankakee
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: Travelling America help!"
- Commented on one of riorich55's Kankakee travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stop In for Down Home Cookin'"
- Wrote a Review Talk to the Locals in Kankakee Things to Do
- updated a Kankakee Travel Page "At the Edge of the Chicagoland Area"
Photos in KankakeeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 93 reviews, 331 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 55 reviews, 139 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Intro, 41 reviews, 147 photos, 6 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 28 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Charleston Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination South Haven Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue