"Can I Retire Here?" Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen by riorich55

Lauterbrunnen Travel Guide: 262 reviews and 779 photos

A Little Piece of Heaven on Earth

Arriving at 7:30 (19:30) in the evening on a train from Bern via Paris we really didn't get the full effect of the beauty of this valley until the next morning as we looked out from our balcony. Breathtaking doesn't even begin to describe what I felt. Walking down the street to take the cable car up from the valley the next morning was just the beginning to an amazing few days in this little piece of heaven on earth.

I Finally Made It Here

I've been asking myself, since we got back from our vacation, why we waited so long to come to Europe and especially Switzerland. Well maybe raising 4 kids had something to do with the timing. But now that they are have all finished school it's our time to become the kids again and explore new and exiting places.

Click on the following link to go to My Switzerland Home Page

Even the Flowers Pop Out with More Vibrant Colors

As you walk through the mountains or in the valleys in the Bernese Oberland region all your senses are just overwhelmed with all that is about you. October was the perfect time of the year to visit. We experienced no rain, clear sunny skies, temperature around 64 F or 16 C. I would strongly advise those who come to just ski in this area in the winter to experience Lauterbrunnen in the autumn.

• Pros:Where Do I Start?
  • Cons:I Haven't Been Here Since October, 2008
  • In a nutshell:Somebody Described This As Something Disney Couldn't Even Dream Up
  • Last visit to Lauterbrunnen: Oct 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2011

• nyperose's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hi Riorich55, thank you for your comment on my page. Nice pictures of Lauterbrunnen. You know what, I live in Switzerland, but I have never been to Lauterbrunnen:-)

• swissfondue's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Love your pages. I've seen a bit of Switzerland but unfortunately not Lauterbrunnen. Your pics make me want to definitely see this insanely beautiful area one day. I would like to add you as a friend as I find your pages very interesting and informative. Kind regards Heidi from Melbourne.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
      Oct 14, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Thanks Heidi, Yes you must get to Lauterbrunnen. The pictures don't even come close to how awe inspiring it really is.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Beautiful pictures and helpful tips!

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Switzerland is the country I would like to go someday. Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories and photos.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Found the feet pic lol :o) That is cool!! Your pix are stunning mate!! That revolving restaurant up the top of the mountain looks fantastic! Wow!! :o) xx

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hi Rich, we followed your path from Paris arriving late afternoon. Went to the"Top of Europe" next morning, very clear day. Visited Berne when it rained next day, fine there. 4 days Lauterbrunnen, MAGIC!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Hi Rich, I just felt like a stroll down memory lane. Thanks for the memories.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Probably one of my most favorite places in Europe. I hope to make it back one day. My room overlooked the waterfall.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Nice tips!

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Yes, I always buy some pure maple syrup when I'm in Canada. I even bought one with Grand Marnier in it from Quebec. Delicieux!

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in Lauterbrunnen

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?

Latest Activity in Lauterbrunnen