"California Here We Come and Went (Boo Hoo)" California by riorich55

California Travel Guide: 46,385 reviews and 111,116 photos

Back Again After a 14 Years Absence

I started to write my California pages before our visit in late October and early November, 2010 but didn't get too far. I haven't been to California since pre-VT days with the last visit to the San Diego area back in 2005 for a Cubs Baseball and golf weekend with my best friend who lives in Washington State.

Sue has only been to California once with me on a business trip back in 1994 and I haven't been back to the Bay area since 1996 after many business trips there in the 80's and 90's.

This time we spent 11 nights and 10 days almost equally between Napa Valley, Yosemite and of course my favorite San Francisco. I need to bring out some of those old photos of my trips way back then and compare them to all the new ones we took. We took many more photos this time around, but going digital has had a big influence on that.

The International Orange Bridge

More commonly know as the Golden Gate Bridge, my original pictures of this and many other sights in and around the Bay area were probably my early beginnings of what I now consider one of my full time hobbies, photography. When Sue and I were there in 1994, I took our video camera and took pictures of the entire ride on a cable car among others. I probably haven't seen that video take since 1995, so that may be a real good incentive to really start cleaning the house so I can find it.

By the way I read a bottle cap before we went on our trip in 2010 which said that the true color of the Golden Gate Bridge is International Orange (just in case you were interested)

Photo of Me Jumping in Front of the GG Bridge for Jumping Norman. I am jumping, really I am!!

Pictures, Pictures and More Pictures

I wanted to think of a way to put the picture of our oversized Mercury Marquis rental in a picture and I figured since we drove this through California on our trip that this would be the appropriate spot. It didn't like those hills and small turns. This is strictly an Interstate car.

• Last visit to California: Nov 2010
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2010

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM

.....and a nice little vt meet up :o) Good stuff Rich :o) xx

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Hey - great pic. Your new PPP looks like it was taken in Yosemite too. Was it below Bridalveil Fall or one of the other falls?

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Badges & Stats in California

Have you been to California?