"Budapest" Budapest by azz8206

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,711 reviews and 17,863 photos

Two Worlds Parted Only by the Danube

Rich in history, the beautiful and charming city of Budapest should be on every travelers visit list. There are two sides to this city, the Buda side and the Pest side. On the hilly Buda side is where to stay if you enjoy a more laid back approach to your visit. You'll find beautiful Castle Hill here along with Fisherman's Bastion and the delightful Matyas Hungarian Orthodox Church that was originally built in a Romanesque style and later rebuilt in a Gothic style that you see today. Pest is more hustle and bustle that you will find in most major cities. Shopping and restaurants are around every corner. Here you'll find the wonderful Dohany Street Synagogue, Hosok Tere, Vajdanyud Castle, the Hungarian Opera House, the beautiful tree-lined Andrassy Street and the Parliament building. Just like Paris, Budapest is wonderfully illuminated at night and a romantic walk, on the waterfront, with a loved one shouldn't be missed.

• In a nutshell:Budapest is a very romantic city that lovebirds will enjoy.
  • Last visit to Budapest: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2010

• penumbra's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I agree, the views from the Fisherman's Bastion are amazing.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Great info and page on Budapest, Karl

• Kolozs.nagy26's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM

It's amazing for me since I used this service several times and I have never had any problem with them, they were always reliable and accurate.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM

My last visit to Budapest was in 2008 and your page has brough back some lovely memories. I loved Szentendre, we took the green train there ;-)

• Delia_Madalina's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Thank you for your very useful tips. I'm traveling next week and I wish I had the time to go to the Opera.

azz8206

“See the world with the one you love”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?

Latest Activity in Budapest