"Budapest" Budapest by azz8206
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,600 reviews and 17,495 photos
Rich in history, the beautiful and charming city of Budapest should be on every travelers visit list. There are two sides to this city, the Buda side and the Pest side. On the hilly Buda side is where to stay if you enjoy a more laid back approach to your visit. You'll find beautiful Castle Hill here along with Fisherman's Bastion and the delightful Matyas Hungarian Orthodox Church that was originally built in a Romanesque style and later rebuilt in a Gothic style that you see today. Pest is more hustle and bustle that you will find in most major cities. Shopping and restaurants are around every corner. Here you'll find the wonderful Dohany Street Synagogue, Hosok Tere, Vajdanyud Castle, the Hungarian Opera House, the beautiful tree-lined Andrassy Street and the Parliament building. Just like Paris, Budapest is wonderfully illuminated at night and a romantic walk, on the waterfront, with a loved one shouldn't be missed.
- In a nutshell:Budapest is a very romantic city that lovebirds will enjoy.
Its official name is the Church of Our Lady but has been popularly named after King Matthias. The church was originally... more travel advice
The funicular, which is located right in front of the Chain Bridge on the Buda side, will cost you 840HUF per person on... more travel advice
azz8206's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 26 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Berlin Intro, 35 reviews, 62 photos
- Budapest Intro, 26 reviews, 55 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Rome Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Vienna Intro, 16 reviews, 37 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
- London Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Munich Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos