"Awakenings" azz8206's Profile

My Love of Traveling

My love of Traveling began about six years ago after my first trip with my wife. I had never travelled before and she opened my eyes to how wonderful it can be. I've only travelled with her and that is certainly why it is so special for us. She is my soulmate and I hope to God that we can have many more trips together.

The View From Up Here

I love flying. I love taking off. I love gazing out the window while daydreaming, thousands of feet high up in the atmosphere. I love seeing the world underneath my feet. I love seeing the beautiful landscapes from high up. I love landing. I love the sights, sounds and cultures of a new destination or of a destination I had already been to but had to come back for more.
Traveling is my drug of choice, make it yours too.

Beautiful Italia

Italy is our favourite destination. We love the atmosphere and the feel of this beautiful country. We've been to Pisa, Florence, Rome, Messina, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Pompeii, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Venice, Milan, San Gimignano, Lucca and Padua. Be it eating gelato in any one of the beautiful piazzas littering Italy or sitting in a piazza in Rome while musicians serenade you or gazing at majestic views from Lago di Como to Cinque Terre to the Amalfi Coast or taking in the wonderfully preserved ruins of Pompeii this country will always be home away from home for us.

The Eternal City

Sipping wine while sitting in Campo di Fiore is my favourite thing to do when I'm in Rome. This charming little piazza is my favourite place to wind down my day while I'm there. You can catch a free concert in Piazza del Popolo with many locals and hear some of Italy's top performers. The ancient buildings show you truly how magnificent and powerful the Romans were. Rome is wonderful and it truly deserves the title of the Eternal City.

Other Places I've Been To

From the twentieth century significance of Berlin to the splendour of Munich and the picturesque hamlet of Heidelberg, Germany is a wonderful place to visit. I really love my history and that is the main reason we came to Germany. From Frederick the Great to the rise of Nazism to the Cold War one can really get caught up in the way Germany has shaped our world.
Barcelona was beautiful although I did not stay there very long although I did not miss, and neither should you, La Pedrora or Casa di Mila is a wonderful example of Gaudi's genius.
The Island of Madeira was very beautiful indeed and the Cabo Girao should not be missed just because of the drive up there with the small winding roads clinging to the side of the lush green mountains with only enough room for two cars and no guardrail to obstruct your view of the interior of the island. Their seafood is the best I've ever had.
Tunis and Casablanca were short visits and I got to see some Carthaginian ruins in one and the terrible driving in the other.
Cadiz has a greatly preserved Roman theatre.
Lisbon was not very interesting although I did not stay that long.
Paris at night is truly magnificent and if you can climb the Eiffel Tower after the sun sets you will get a great view of the City of Lights.
Smoke a joint in an Amsterdam coffee house. I did even though I haven't smoked marijuana in such a long time.
London is a must. I love how vibrant this city is. I love ordering a pint of Guinness and fish and chips, which I never miss out on while I'm there.
Egypt is a fascinating land and there is so much to see. Ancient Egyptians were some of the smartest people to ever inhabit this earth. How they built the Great Pyramids of Giza boggles the mind. Abu Simbel is sheer genius. The columns of Karnak Temple are massive. The romance of Aswan. Egypt is not to be missed.
Budapest was all lit up when we arrived. The Dohany Street Synagogue is a must see. The view of the city from Castle Hill was beautiful.
Vienna has a classical charm. It was a beautiful city with beautiful architecture and is very clean. I enjoyed the Albertina which is hosting a Picasso exhibit until January 16th, 2011.
San Francisco...What can I say about San Fran? I loved everything about this city, from its unique and wonderful architecture to its sometimes thick fog. San Francisco is surely a city I will visit again.

• Intro Updated Jul 16, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
azz8206's Profile Photo

azz8206

“See the world with the one you love”

Real Name