"Sydney in the 21st Century" freespirit1's Profile
Sydney, that wonderful city built around possibly the best harbour in the world - my home town.
I live in Elizabeth Bay which has the Opera House on my front doorstep and Kings Cross very close by.
Ask me anything and I will give you an honest answer.
I get p***ed off with travel places that sell you trips up to Cairns in the height of the raining season!
Now that I have that off my chest I will tell you a little about my beginnings.
I was born in Sydney, raised in Auckland NZ with real waterfalls in my backyard and travelled the world until settling back here in Sydney....well as settled as I will ever be.
I used to think I was a Gypsy until my family tree studies discovered I had Native American great grandparents on both sides of my family. Now I understand my wanderlust.
I am new to this page building but welcome any hints or friends for that matter.
I am 18, it's the 60's and I am tired of hitching up and down the North Island of New Zealand every weekend or crossing the ditch to party in Sydney with the Air New Zealand crew.
Sydney is buzzing with an atmosphere so electric that I am compelled to be a part of it, soldiers on R & R from Vietnam, patchouli oil filling the air so I get a job dancing at Whiskey a Go Go and very soon sign up to go to Vietnam as a diversionary tactic, in other words a Go Go dancer come events coordinator much like the occupations the cruise ships fill.
Oh dear I don't understand the politics of all this and end my dance with a Peace & Power sign and before you know it I am whisked out of Vietnam and dumped into the nearest Commonwealth port - Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has had more costume changes than the chorus of Priscilla Queen of the Desert but it is still a great place to eat and shop
There comes a time in a girl's life when she has to 'settle down'...the kids are complaining about being in 5 different schools and they are still in Primary so what is the next best thing to travel - buy a house over the road from the beach where every day is filled meeting tourists from every destination imaginable and the kids have the school in walking distance, beach even closer and rain forest closer still.
Everywhere I can access in a frame
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 25 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- created a London Travel Page "Summer in London"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Summer in London"
- Commented on toemayn's profile page
- freespirit1 and kiwi are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Lyon Forum "Re: Lyon in 24 hours"
- Wrote a Review Hotel bus to Heathrow hotels about Airports (travel to and from) in London Transportation
updated their Profile Page "Sydney in the 21st Century"
PhotosSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Coffs Harbour Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Bali Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Sydney Intro, 4 reviews
- Thailand 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris 3 reviews
- Dublin Intro, 3 reviews
- Singapore 2 reviews
- London Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- New Orleans Intro, 1 review
- Los Angeles Intro, 1 review
- Paris Hotels
- 22465 Reviews - 54992 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Subic Hotels
- 246 Reviews - 861 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23318 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos