"Sydney in the 21st Century" freespirit1's Profile

Where do I start?

Sydney, that wonderful city built around possibly the best harbour in the world - my home town.

I live in Elizabeth Bay which has the Opera House on my front doorstep and Kings Cross very close by.

Ask me anything and I will give you an honest answer.
I get p***ed off with travel places that sell you trips up to Cairns in the height of the raining season!

Now that I have that off my chest I will tell you a little about my beginnings.

I was born in Sydney, raised in Auckland NZ with real waterfalls in my backyard and travelled the world until settling back here in Sydney....well as settled as I will ever be.

I used to think I was a Gypsy until my family tree studies discovered I had Native American great grandparents on both sides of my family. Now I understand my wanderlust.

I am new to this page building but welcome any hints or friends for that matter.

My wonderful travel

I am 18, it's the 60's and I am tired of hitching up and down the North Island of New Zealand every weekend or crossing the ditch to party in Sydney with the Air New Zealand crew.

Sydney is buzzing with an atmosphere so electric that I am compelled to be a part of it, soldiers on R & R from Vietnam, patchouli oil filling the air so I get a job dancing at Whiskey a Go Go and very soon sign up to go to Vietnam as a diversionary tactic, in other words a Go Go dancer come events coordinator much like the occupations the cruise ships fill.

Oh dear I don't understand the politics of all this and end my dance with a Peace & Power sign and before you know it I am whisked out of Vietnam and dumped into the nearest Commonwealth port - Hong Kong.

Hong Kong

Hong Kong has had more costume changes than the chorus of Priscilla Queen of the Desert but it is still a great place to eat and shop

London, Frankfurt & back

Byron Bay

There comes a time in a girl's life when she has to 'settle down'...the kids are complaining about being in 5 different schools and they are still in Primary so what is the next best thing to travel - buy a house over the road from the beach where every day is filled meeting tourists from every destination imaginable and the kids have the school in walking distance, beach even closer and rain forest closer still.

Where I am going to travel to when I grow up

Everywhere I can access in a frame

• Intro Updated Mar 7, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
freespirit1's Profile Photo

freespirit1

“If you don't do it you are denying yourself an education”

Ranked Member