"Sights in Vienna" Vienna by aztraveler2
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,606 reviews and 19,270 photos
Vienna offers the traveler many historical sights. I found St. Stephen's Cathedral fascinating. The interior is beautiful but the most enjoyable is the crypts. As many as 4,000 bodies are interred here dating back to the 1700's. A few of the wooden coffins are without their lids thus enabling one to view the occupant in their burial cloths. I found this amazing.
Another great sight is the Shonbrunn Palace. It is an opulent display of how the ruling class lived. The grounds are beautiful.
Vienna has a history of coffee houses, many visited by famous individuals. It is nice to take a break from sight seeing by enjoying a coffee and pastry at one of these establishments even if the famous ones are a bit touristy.
aztraveler2's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Top 10 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Peru Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- South Africa Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- France Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Intro, 3 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 3 photos