"Fan Fair, Katrina, Promotion (in that order...)" Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville by TravellerMel
Nashville Travel Guide: 874 reviews and 2,263 photos
In 1998, I went to Fan Fair (now CMA Music Festival) in Nashville, TN. Back then, it was held at the Fairgrounds - it was hot, crowded, and WONDERFUL! During that trip, I remember thinking to myself that if I ever left New Orleans, I could see myself living in Nashville...
August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and the subsequent levee failures left New Orleans inundated with many feet of water for at least three weeks. I evacuated in the early AM hours the day before - first to Iowa, then to Indiana, then finally to Nashville, TN. I remained there for six months, since my job had *temporarily* relocated there. Looking back, I am still touched and amazed by the incredible generosity of the people of Nashville, and especially my co-workers there. They truly took us in - fed us lunch, gave us directions (to the mall, to the grocery, to church), and gave us an ear to bend and a shoulder to cry on. I will be forever grateful.
April 2008 - I was accepted as the District Director's Administrative Assistant, a position which requires me to relocate to the District Office in Nashville. As much as I hate to leave New Orleans, I have to say I am excited about the prospect of moving to a new city. There is so much history in Nashville, new places to explore, different sights, sounds and tastes to discover. I am very much looking forward to this new adventure!
- Pros:Very friendly, very clean
- Cons:City is very spread-out
- In a nutshell:More than just the Opry (although the Opry is pretty cool!)
I have a fascination with cemeteries and graveyards, and the graves of famous people. The first time I ever visited... more travel advice
Every Saturday night at Midnight (so, technically, Sunday morning), you can attend a taping of the second... more travel advice
- See All Sphinx Restaurant & Cafe
- See All Berry Hill - Designer Renaissance...
- See All Nashville Flea Market
- See All Donelson Strike & Spare - Bowling Fun!
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Nashville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fan Fair, Katrina, Promotion (in that order...)"
- "Nashville - Music City USA"
- "nashville tennessee"
- "Greg's Nashville page"
- "Two Sides of the Same Coin: Nashville"
- "A Massachusetts Yankee in the Music CIty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nashville
- Hotels in Nashville
- Transportation in Nashville
- Nightlife in Nashville
- Restaurants in Nashville
- Shopping in Nashville
- Warnings and Dangers in Nashville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nashville
- 84 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Nashville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nashville
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Commented on one of TravellerMel's Nashville tips
- Wrote a Review Hillbilly Heaven Tour - Johnny Paycheck's Grave in Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hillbilly Heaven Tour - Johnny Paycheck's Grave"
- updated a Nashville Travel Page "Fan Fair, Katrina, Promotion (in that order...)"
Photos in NashvilleSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 84 reviews, 160 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos
- Memphis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos