""100 years and a few short miles from Nashville"" Top 5 Page for this destination Franklin by TravellerMel
Franklin Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 139 photos
Franklin is a charming, historic, and sophisticated destination located just “100 years and a few short miles from Nashville.” It attracts visitors from across the nation with its unique blend of small-town charm, big-city amenities, and significant Civil War historic sites. Most recently, Franklin’s visibility has increased worldwide through the publication of the New York Times Bestseller, Widow of the South, which is based on Carrie McGavock, mistress of the Carnton Plantation, which was instrumental as a Confederate field hospital during the Civil War’s epic Battle of Franklin.
Today, Franklin is also a major shopping mecca (the expansive Cool Springs Galleria), and site of several festivals throughout the year.
Franklin, TN was listed as a recommended place to visit in the bestselling book "1000 Places in the U.S and Canada to See Before You Die" as "Franklin, Civil War History in a Preserved Corner of the South". Copies of the travel book are available through your local bookseller.
For more information on Historic Franklin and Williamson County, call the Williamson County Convention & Visitors Bureau at (866) 253-9207.
I moved to Franklin in 2011 after I married a Franklin-born and -bred man. I love living here - the folks are friendly, and everything you could want is within just a few miles.
Carnton Plantation is an antebellum home in Franklin which played a major part in the Battle of Franklin on November 30,... more travel advice
A Franklin landmark since 1937, this beautiful theatre had closed it doors in 2007, due to the competition of megaplex... more travel advice
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Franklin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "franklin tennessee"
- ""100 years and a few short miles from Nashville""
- "Franklin: This is my town!"
- "susie margaret and franklin, tennessee, USA"
- "Franklin, TN"
- "basstbn's new Franklin Page"
- "Franklin Tennessee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Franklin
- Hotels in Franklin
- Transportation in Franklin
- Nightlife in Franklin
- Restaurants in Franklin
- Shopping in Franklin
- Warnings and Dangers in Franklin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franklin
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Franklin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franklin
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Music lovers game!"
- Wrote a Review Carnton Plantation- Civil War & Widow of the South in Franklin Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Carnton Plantation- Civil War & Widow of the South"
- updated a Franklin Travel Page ""100 years and a few short miles from Nashville""
- Commented on one of doug48's Franklin travel pages
Photos in FranklinSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 82 reviews, 154 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Memphis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pigeon Forge Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos