Las Vegas Hotel Tips by TravellerMel
Las Vegas Hotels: 242,094 reviews and 2,124 photos
IP Vegas Room
**UPDATE 12/2012 - The Imperial Palace is no longer there - it is being renovated and will be renamed The Quad. It was not yet open during my recent stay in Las Vegas, so I will have to check it out the next time I am there.
I can't complain too much, since 3 of my 4 nights here were comped from points on my Total Rewards card. When I checked in, the only non-smoking rooms were on the "Strip side". I could hear the boom-boom-boom of the club downstairs all night. The rooms were very dated, and had peeling wallpaper and cracked tile in the bathroom.
Again, I was in Vegas for a family emergency, and my rooms were comped; however, if I had payed $80 per night for my vacation, I would have been totally upset.
Unique Qualities: The hotel is in an EXCELLENT location on the Strip - next door to Harrah's, across the street from the Mirage and Caesar's Palace - and price-wise, one of the best deals. If you aren't planning to stay in your room, but just need a place to crash and store your stuff while you play, then this is a good place.
Address: 3535 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89109
Comparison: about average
Directions: On the Strip (Las Vegas Blvd.) adjacent to Harrah's Casino
Other Contact: Toll Free: (800) 351-7400
Phone: Phone: (702) 731-3311
I stayed here during my grandmothers recent illness. The staff was very nice and even gave me the "locals discount" since my parents live just up the street. Very nice, clean standard rooms. In-room mini-fridge, iron/ironing board & hair dryer - just wish there was a coffee maker!
Only problem was my first floor, non-smoking room smelled faintly of smoke trailed in from the casino floor. I would recommend this hotel if you are interested in staying off the Strip - pretty rooms, clean and nicer than a Motel 6 for about the same price.
Unique Qualities: Be sure to sign up for the C.A.N Card (their players club card) - I stayed for 4 nights and ended up with three cool gifts just for swiping the card!
Address: 2121 E. Craig Rd., North Las Vegas, NV 89030
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (19)
- Fox Rent a Car
- See All Hard Rock Cafe - The Strip
- See All FREE: The Venetian - Winter in Venice
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pacific Terrace Hotel
- Little Sweden Resort
- Hotel Amadeus
- Rarinjinda Wellness Spa Resort
- Opal Cove Resort Coffs Harbour
- Yucca Park
- Bar Harbor Inn
- Solar World Estates North
- Days Inn NW Medical Center San Antonio
- The Waverley
- The Lodge At Chaa Creek
- Super 8 Grants Pass
- Bavarian Ritz Hotel
- Justa The Residence MG Road
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 21 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Nashville Forum "Re: Transport options to Jack..."
- Commented on one of Andraf's Las Vegas travel pages
- Wrote a Review Fox Rent a Car about By Car in Las Vegas Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hard Rock Cafe - The Strip"
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "Oasis in the Desert"
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (36)
Read real reviews about Las Vegas Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 80 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Memphis Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
- 756 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 637 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Aztec Inn
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Manor Suites
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013
- Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
- 223 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Las Vegas Marriott
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Budget Suites of America - West Tropicana
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Sam's Town RV Park
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Super 8 Motel Las Vegas
- 296 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- 502 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Siegel Suites
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
- Travelodge - Las Vegas Strip
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- California Hotel and Casino
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Oasis Motel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2012
- Fremont Street Experience- 86 Reviews, 175 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 136 Reviews, 266 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 96 Reviews, 206 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 59 Reviews, 113 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Paris Hotel - Casino- 77 Reviews, 166 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do