"A "Wicked" Weekend in Louisville" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville by TravellerMel

Louisville Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 546 photos

You ain't from around hyah, are you dawlin'?

First off, it's pronounced LOO-uh-vuhl, not LEWIE-ville, or Lewis-ville. A very nice woman at the hotel gently corrected my pronunciation. The "honey"s and "dawlin"s and "sweetie"s will flow from the lips of the locals - young and old. They mean nothing sinister by it - they are just some of the friendliest folks I have ever met!

Worth the Wait

It took me two years, three hours, 165 miles, and one time change to FINALLY see "Wicked" - and it was totally worth it! I've loved the soundtrack for over two years, but the show in New York has been sold out every time I've been there. When I moved to Nashville, I got a notice that the touring company would be performing in Louisville, so I bought a ticket the minute they went on sale. If you haven't seen it - GO SEE IT! I got goosebumps!

5/23/10 - Came back for a "Wicked Weekend With Boyd"! Came back with my boyfriend to see Wicked again - my third time, his first. Had fun showing him some places I visited the first time, and we even found some new ones...

Can't wait to go back!

There is so much to see and do in Louisville - I didn't know! I managed to fit quite a bit into my little weekend jaunt, but I look forward to going back and staying longer to explore even more!

• Pros:Lots to see and do - and they have a Hard Rock Cafe!
  • Cons:Gets freakin' COLD in the winter!!
  • In a nutshell:Rollin' on the (Ohio) River
  • Last visit to Louisville: May 2010
  • Intro Updated May 24, 2010

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I love the drawl....You have been to so many places that I have not visited. Enjoyed your page.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I'm planning to see Wicked in the new year but in London! Great tips!x

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Hi Mel...great tips and photos...thanks again for all the cards from here..hugs..

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I'm in town for a couple of weeks on business. Went to Lynn's Paradise Cafe last night and loved it.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2010 at 2:12 AM

super off the beaten track tip...made me really smile. i just wondered if you would add beans or colesaw rather than flowers !

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM

The Public Art of Gallopalooza and the Col. Sanders burial cite is interesting and done very lovely. Some things I would like to see too! Nice page!

• miner's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Hi Mel, I go through Louisville several times a year and have only stopped once. Seems I am missing quite a bit here. Thank you for the tips.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Nice tips. I used to go to Louisville sometimes when I was stationed at Fort Knox, but that was a loooooong time ago. I often dine in trains, but have never dined in a train caboose replica.

TravellerMel

“Not all who wander are lost...”

Badges & Stats in Louisville

Have you been to Louisville?