"A "Wicked" Weekend in Louisville" Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville by TravellerMel
Louisville Travel Guide: 374 reviews and 546 photos
First off, it's pronounced LOO-uh-vuhl, not LEWIE-ville, or Lewis-ville. A very nice woman at the hotel gently corrected my pronunciation. The "honey"s and "dawlin"s and "sweetie"s will flow from the lips of the locals - young and old. They mean nothing sinister by it - they are just some of the friendliest folks I have ever met!
It took me two years, three hours, 165 miles, and one time change to FINALLY see "Wicked" - and it was totally worth it! I've loved the soundtrack for over two years, but the show in New York has been sold out every time I've been there. When I moved to Nashville, I got a notice that the touring company would be performing in Louisville, so I bought a ticket the minute they went on sale. If you haven't seen it - GO SEE IT! I got goosebumps!
5/23/10 - Came back for a "Wicked Weekend With Boyd"! Came back with my boyfriend to see Wicked again - my third time, his first. Had fun showing him some places I visited the first time, and we even found some new ones...
There is so much to see and do in Louisville - I didn't know! I managed to fit quite a bit into my little weekend jaunt, but I look forward to going back and staying longer to explore even more!
- Pros:Lots to see and do - and they have a Hard Rock Cafe!
- Cons:Gets freakin' COLD in the winter!!
- In a nutshell:Rollin' on the (Ohio) River
Exhibit runs from March 9 - August 29, 2010 Admission $5 adults, $3 students/seniors over 65, $3 advance group tickets... more travel advice
Art-o-Mat machines are refurbished cigarette vending machines, reconfigured to dispense artwork. For $5 each, you select... more travel advice
- See All Budget Lodging in Louisville
- KentuckyShow! is Interesting, but is it...
- See All All the World's a Stage...
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Louisville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A "Wicked" Weekend in Louisville"
- "Louisville Louisville Louisville"
- "Home of the Kentucky Derby"
- "Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Fried Chicken"
- "bmiller39's new Louisville Page"
- "Louisville: Gateway to the South"
- "Ancestor Searches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Louisville
- Hotels in Louisville
- Transportation in Louisville
- Nightlife in Louisville
- Restaurants in Louisville
- Shopping in Louisville
- Warnings and Dangers in Louisville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Louisville
- 14 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Louisville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Louisville
- Posted in Travel New Orleans Forum "Re: Parking near the Riverside..."
- Commented on one of TravellerMel's Louisville tips
- Wrote a Review Tutankhamun - Wonderful things from Pharaoh's Tomb in Louisville Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tutankhamun - Wonderful things from Pharaoh's Tomb"
- updated a Louisville Travel Page "A "Wicked" Weekend in Louisville"
Photos in LouisvilleSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 81 reviews, 154 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Memphis Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos