Metropolis Local Custom Tips by TravellerMel
Metropolis Local Customs: 1 reviews and 0 photos
The annual Superman Celebration occurs the second weekend of June each year, and brings thousands of people to Metropolis. Each year there are celebrity guests (2009 had Noel Neill, the original Lois Lane), games, and events. In 2008, the Guinness World record for the most people dressed as Superman was set at the Celebration. Kids will love it!
Metropolis is a small town, so if you plan to stay the whole time, you will need to book your hotel room in advance. If they are fully booked, look at staying in nearby Paducah, KY.
More Reviews (12)
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Metropolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hometown of Superman"
- "The Travelers Meet Superman"
- "Metropolis - Superman's Hometown! :-)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Metropolis
- Hotels in Metropolis
- Restaurants in Metropolis
- Shopping in Metropolis
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Metropolis
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Metropolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Metropolis
Photos in MetropolisSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 80 reviews, 152 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Louisville Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos
- Memphis Intro, 14 reviews, 40 photos