"Hometown of Superman" Metropolis by TravellerMel
Metropolis Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 53 photos
Metropolis, IL is about a 2.5-hour drive from Nashville. During my parents visit, we took a road trip to the self-proclaimed Hometown of Superman. It was a fun day, as we took in life in a small town - a town obsessed with Superman...
One of the few non-Superman attractions is Fort Massac State Park. A reconstructed Revolutionary war fort resides at this location - a very interesting look back at history.
In all, it was a fun way to spend the day with the folks and the Man of Steel!
- Pros:Nice day trip, closest casino to Nashville
- Cons:VERY small town
- In a nutshell:Nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there!
Easy enough - find the waterfront! Metropolis has many vantage points from which to view the scenic Ohio River. I'm... more travel advice
There is a well-maintained public boat launch just to the side of the Harrah's Casino self-parking lot. Launch will put... more travel advice
TravellerMel's Related Pages
Metropolis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hometown of Superman"
- "The Travelers Meet Superman"
- "Metropolis - Superman's Hometown! :-)"
- "Metropolis, Illinois"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Metropolis
- Hotels in Metropolis
- Restaurants in Metropolis
- Shopping in Metropolis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Metropolis
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Metropolis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Metropolis
Photos in MetropolisSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nashville Intro, 84 reviews, 160 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 71 reviews, 134 photos
- Key West Intro, 37 reviews, 118 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos
- Chicago Intro, 18 reviews, 65 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- New York City Intro, 23 reviews, 54 photos
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 41 photos
- Memphis Intro, 15 reviews, 44 photos