"Classic College Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Chico by Whiskeyguy
Chico Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 156 photos
Chico, California is pretty much your classic college town. It was rated by Playboy Magazine at one point as being America's #1 party school. It's home to California State University, Chico, as well as very close to Butte College which is a large junior college. It has a very good music scene and the students here definately are ready to have fun. Between the two colleges Chico probably houses 25,000-30,000 students, which is almost a third of the town's entire population. It is located at the junction of highways 99 and 32, about 90 miles north of Sacramento. It is relatively dry, and can get very hot in the summer months, as well as pretty cold in the winter months.
- Pros:Nice people, great nightlife, plenty to do
- Cons:Typical college town... can get rowdy, noisy, congested
- In a nutshell:Your basic college town.
Bidwell Park in Chico, CA is a favorite of the locals. Annie Bidwell donated 2500 acres if land to the City of Chico in... more travel advice
Aca Taco is one of the most popular Mexican restaurants in Chico amongst the students. It is pretty cheap and the food... more travel advice
Whiskeyguy's Related Pages
Chico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chico: Amazing Parks and Open Space"
- "I can't quite call it home..."
- "Chico: A Hip University Town"
- "Chico downtown Mural By Ramirez"
- "Classic College Town"
- "I know you will love this area!"
- "Chico, California"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chico
- Hotels in Chico
- Nightlife in Chico
- Restaurants in Chico
- Shopping in Chico
- Warnings and Dangers in Chico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chico
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chico
Photos in ChicoSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 7 reviews
- Fortuna Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Fort Bragg Intro, 2 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coos Bay Intro, 2 reviews
No friends yet.