"Butzweiler, DE" Butzweiler by dromosapien
Butzweiler Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 10 photos
- castle ruins, and current restaurant and hotel along the road between the towns of Butzweiler and Kordel
destroyed: 18 September 1689, by the French
location: Landstrasse 43
* Butzweiler population: 1,550, the area was the source of the stone used in the construction of Port Nigra, the second century Roman gate in the city of Trier. A US Army Nike and Hawk air defense missile site was located outside Butzweiler 1962-1992, a.k.a. Welschbillig Nike and Hawk Site. The towns of Kordel and Kimmlingen are nearby.
More photos at Picasa: Butzweiler Hawk Missile Site, US Army 1972-1975
pre-electric train near Burg Ramstein headed to Kordel in 1972.
the Hawk missile site barracks sits on top of one of the steep hills that separate the towns of Butzweiler and Kordel.
dromosapien's Related Pages
Butzweiler Travel Guide
- See All...
“'empty suitcases stare at me like mouths waiting to be fed'”
- No VT rank yet.
- Forum Rank:
- 0 0 8 7 6
- 0 Reviews
- 4,490 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Butzweiler
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Butzweiler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Butzweiler
Photos in ButzweilerSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 88 photos, 12 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 63 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 35 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue