"Picturesque alpine village" Oberammergau by gigina
Oberammergau Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 237 photos
Picturesque alpine village, known the world over because of the Passion Play which takes place there every ten years. Also famous for its "Herrgottschnitzer" (woodcarvers specializing in religious figures).
Until the middle of the 16th century, Oberammergau was an important transit point on the trade road from Augsburg via Mittenwald to Venice.
Passion Play - First presented in 1634, the Play is performed once every 10 years. The next performance will take place in 2010.
gigina's Related Pages
Oberammergau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oberammergau -the Passion Play and painted houses"
- "Oberammergau - Germany"
- "Nice Oberammergau"
- "Oberammergau & Passion - not only in the Play"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberammergau
- Hotels in Oberammergau
- Transportation in Oberammergau
- Restaurants in Oberammergau
- Shopping in Oberammergau
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberammergau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberammergau
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Oberammergau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberammergau
Photos in OberammergauSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Salzburg Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Budapest 28 reviews
- Nicosia Intro, 17 reviews, 8 photos
- Limassol Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Larnaca Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 3 photos
- Munich 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Troodos Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Ayia Napa Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.