"Land of water and volcans" Gerolstein by JosM
Gerolstein Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 115 photos
Gerolstein dates back to the 12th century, but the vincinity also was inhabited by the Celts and Romans.
Gerolstein is the biggest German producer of mineral drinking water. The company supports a cycling team.
In a area of about 1500 square kilometer, scientists have discovered about 270 places of volcanic activity during recent geological times. Volcanic ash was used for road construction until the middle of the 20th century.
- Pros:Nice, friendly small town
- In a nutshell:Extremely beautiful landscapes
The Erlöserkirche (Church of the redeemed) was the 100th church that was built by the "Berliner Evangelischer... more travel advice
JosM's Related Pages
Gerolstein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gerolstein - In the heart of the Volcano Eifel"
- "Land of water and volcans"
- "vacation in Gerolstein"
- "Gerolstein een stadje in de Eifelgebied"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gerolstein
- Hotels in Gerolstein
- Transportation in Gerolstein
- Warnings and Dangers in Gerolstein
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gerolstein
- 8 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Gerolstein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gerolstein
Top 10 Pages
- Aarschot Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Gerolstein Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basse-Nendaz Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mittersill Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bastogne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoegaarden Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue