"Bilzen" Bilzen by JosM
Bilzen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Greater Bilzen groups 13 villages: Bilzen, Beverst, Munsterbilzen, Waltwilder, Hoelbeek, Eigenbilzen, Mopertingen, Hees, Rosmeer, Martenslinde, Kleine-Spouwen, Grote-Spouwen en Rijkhoven.
The history of Bilzen dates back to the Roman period (-54BC - 300AC). In that time Bilzen wa a small village along the road Tongeren-Nijmegen. Later Bilzen belonged to the Merovingians and was called Belisia.
In 1366 the Prince-Bishop of Liege conquered the area from the Lords of Loon, and it became one of the Liege bonnes villes with city rights.
Today Bilzen is a city with some 30.000 inhabitants
JosM's Related Pages
Bilzen Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bilzen
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bilzen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bilzen
Top 10 Pages
- Aarschot Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Gerolstein Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basse-Nendaz Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mittersill Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bastogne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoegaarden Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue