"Ieper (Ypres)" Ieper by JosM
Ieper Travel Guide: 539 reviews and 1,598 photos
Ieper (or Ypres) was the diamond on the crown of the British during World War I (1914-1918). They had decided that Ieper was not to be conquerered, and so it wasn't. The town was totally destroyed and has been rebuilt after the war: the oldest buildings were erected in the 1920's.
Everything on WWI: The Great War
- Pros:If you want to revive WWI, visit Ieper
- In a nutshell:Learn to know the value of peace
When we were in Ypres on Saturday, April 23rd, the Last post was blown especially for the victims of the first gas... more travel advice
't Klein Stadhuis (Little City Hall) is located in the corner of the market place, next to city hall. They serve... more travel advice
JosM's Related Pages
Ieper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ieper (Ypres) touches all senses in extremes"
- "IEPER-YPRES EMOTIONS."
- "The Great War is never far away . . ."
- "A Living Memorial...and MORE!!"
- "Ieper - West of Flanders"
- "Ieper (Ypres)"
- "IEPER (YPRES)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ieper
- Hotels in Ieper
- Transportation in Ieper
- Nightlife in Ieper
- Restaurants in Ieper
- Shopping in Ieper
- Warnings and Dangers in Ieper
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ieper
- 24 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Ieper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ieper
Photos in IeperSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Aarschot Intro, 20 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morzine Intro, 27 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ieper Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos
- Gerolstein Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basse-Nendaz Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mittersill Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Gent Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bastogne Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hoegaarden Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue